Garage Door Opener Beeping? Potential Causes for a Beeping Garage Door Opener
There are a few potential causes for a garage door opener beeping. Figuring out the cause can help you make the right decision to fix it. The potential causes include:
- Timer set on the opener
- Opener operating on its backup battery
- Low battery
A TIMER IS SET
When you hear your garage door opener beeping, it could mean you have a timer set. Many of the newer and more advanced garage door openers have timer mechanisms, and these mechanisms come with a beeping sound that indicates your garage door is going to close soon. You’ll also notice lights flashing as your garage door opener beeps before a timed closing.
Many garage door openers have battery backup, which is incredibly helpful when the power is out. Your garage door opener is beeping when it’s operating on battery backup power. This is also helpful if your garage door opener is operating on battery backup when it shouldn’t be — it alerts you that something might be wrong.
LOW BATTERY – SHOP NEW CHAMBERLAIN/LIFTMASTER BATTERY
If your garage door opener operates on battery backup, beeping might mean your battery is low. If you think this might be the case, take a look at the actual opener unit and check the battery status LED light. If it’s glowing red, it’s time to replace your battery.
Video To Text Transcription For The Hearing Impaired
“Thank you for choosing Chamberlain. This video was created to help you solve why your Chamberlain garage door opener is beeping. This video is intended for demonstration purposes only. Please consult your owner’s manual for complete instructions and safety information.
Reasons why your garage door opener beeping.
- If you are closing your door using the Timer-to-Close feature or using myQ technology, the garage door opener will beep and the lights will flash as a warning to let you know that the door is going to close.
- If you have a battery backup garage door opener, the opener will beep when operating on battery power.
- If you have a battery backup garage door opener, the opener will beep when the battery is low or needs to be replaced. Check the battery status LED. It will flash if the battery is low.
- If the door makes contact with an obstruction while opener the door will stop, the opener beeps, and lights flash slowly 5 times. The door will close when the door is in any position other than closed and the garage door is activated. If the garage door makes contact with an obstruction while closing, the door will reverse to the fully opened position, and the opener beeps and lights flash slowly 5 times.”
About Chamberlain Group
Chamberlain Group is a global leader in smart access solutions across residential and commercial properties. Their prominent brands LiftMaster®, Chamberlain®, Merlin®, and Grifco® are found in millions of residential and commercial access applications across the globe. Their innovative products and partnerships, powered by the myQ® smart ecosystem, provide customers with smart access solutions to move safely through garages, homes, communities, businesses, and storage facilities.
Chamberlain Group is a global company with corporate headquarters in the United States, along with significant production operations in Mexico. The team has a global presence in Canada, Germany, Australia, New Zealand, China, Hong Kong, and Taiwan.
From corner-to-corner lighting to safeguarding homes with Residential Jackshaft Operator, their Residential business is continually innovating and bringing new products and services to today’s homeowners.
Chamberlain Group joined forces with Amazon in April 2019 to enable in-garage delivery for Amazon Prime members in 5000 cities across the U.S. Through the Key by Amazon In-Garage Delivery solution, Prime members with a myQ connected garage door opener receive contactless in-garage delivery to protect packages against damage, theft, and weather.