How To Troubleshoot The Chamberlain Smart Garage Hub
There are a few different symptoms that can cause the Smart Garage Control, Smart Garage Hub, or myQ Garage to not open or close the garage door.
Hub and Sensor Are Out of Sync
If you are experiencing Close Errors or unexpected behavior in the myQ app after two or more attempts, it is recommended that you operate the garage door opener locally from the control panel on the wall or a handheld remote control and fully open and close the door twice.
If your router has no power or lost connection to the internet, the Wi-Fi Hub cannot communicate with the router to receive any commands. The app will show that the opener is offline.
- Check the Wi-Fi hub. There should be a solid green light.
- Unplug the router and plug it back in. See if this restores the connection. If it doesn’t reconnect, see Unable to Connect a myQ Garage, myQ Smart Garage Hub, or Smart Garage Control to Home Wi-Fi Network Overview to further troubleshoot
In some instances, interference may occur when the hub has been installed too close to the motor unit.
- Unplug the hub and move it away at least 4-6 feet from the motor-head. Test to see if the door will open and close. If this takes care of the issue, the hub will need to be installed further away from the motor unit.
- If the hub has to be installed further away from the opener, it must still be installed inside the garage so that the flashing light is visible to the door.
- Reposition the hub on the bracket. Turn it 180 degrees.