Programing Chamberlain Opener Overview
This video demonstrates how to program the travel on chamberlain garage door openers with a yellow learn button manufactured starting in 2022. This video is intended for demonstration purposes. Please consult the owner’s manual for complete, instructions and safety information.
The buttons for programming the opener are located behind this panel, which opens on the side. Chamberlain openers manufactured starting in 2022 to have a step saver set up label. If your opener has this label This video content is for you. If your opener does not have this label check out our other support videos.
Programming travel limits tells the opener where to stop when moving the door up or down. There are three buttons you’ll use, the up button, the down button, and the adjustment button.
Programing Chamberlain Opener Instructions
- Make sure your garage door is closed but not disengaged and your trolley is near the garage door.
- Find your garage door opener adjustment buttons. Their place may vary depending on your LiftMaster or Chamberlain garage door opener model.
- Press and hold the black square button until the UP Arrow begins to flash or you hear a BEEP > This means your opener can now be set in the OPEN POSITION.
- Press and hold the UP or DOWN Arrows until your garage door is fully open > This is your desired UP Position.
- Press and release the black square button > The garage door opener lights will flash 2 times and the DOWN Arrow will start to flash. It means your opener’s OPEN POSITION is now LOCKED and your door opener is ready to set the CLOSE POSITION.
- Press and hold the DOWN Arrow until your garage door is fully closed.
- Press and release the black square button to indicate to your opener that your garage door is in the DOWN position you desire > The garage door opener lights will flash 2 times and the UP Arrow will start to flash. It means your opener’s DOWN POSITION is now LOCKED and your door opener is ready to set the force programming mode.
- Press and release the UP Arrow. When the door travels to the programmed UP position, the DOWN Arrow will begin to flash.
- Press and release the DOWN Arrow. The door will travel to the programmed DOWN position
- Programming is now complete.
If the garage door opener lights flash 5 times during the steps to Program the Travel on a MyQ Garage Door Opener, the programming has timed out.
If the garage door opener lights flash 10 times during the steps to Program the Travel on a MyQ Garage Door Opener, the safety reversing sensors are misaligned or obstructed.
After aligning or clearing the sensors, do a complete up and down garage door cycle using your remote control. Programming will be complete.
The yellow round button is only used to program your garage door accessories. Never ever use it for programming your opener travel